Saturday, March 6, 2010

So I know it's been a while...but we've been some busy boys! Last weekend we turned TWO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, it's hard to believe that my "babies" are now full fledged toddlers, but that is a fact. They are even developing into "typical" toddlers if you ask me. ;) The tantrums have started, the throwing themselves on the ground is in full-swing ;) and the back-talking...well, don't get me started! One of Jonah's favorite words is "no". Ugh! And, as H-A-R-D as I tried to not use the word "my" or "mine", they managed to pick it up. So, there's a lot of "my doggie", "my car", "my milk" going on presently. Oh, and as one of friends joked about the other day, the "toddler repeat button" has no off switch! Ha, these boys say the same thing over and over and over. Nearly every morning Jake inventories the car situation, "Mommy's truck...OUT-side", "Daddy's car...OUT-side", "big truck go...bye bye!" And the fun goes on and on. Jonah isn't as much of a repeater but he's more of a mocker. You say something, and it's likely to be repeated by Jonah...beware!

But despite the toddler fun-ism's, the boys are wonderful and healthy and chatting it up!! Their 2 year appointment found a 27lb Jakie and a 25lb Jonah in good health and A+'s all across the board. Praise God!

So, last Saturday was their actual bday. We woke up to waffles (a fav), followed by a few presents. Then, Gigi arrived, followed by a few more presents. And, we were off to their fav gym (which is now officially closed so that was their last Open Gym at The Frisco Gymnasium, bummer). The gym, or gym-a according to the boys, was a ball. Jake threw a fit there and Jonah, in true form, wanted nothing to do with the bounce house nor the trampoline. Jake on the other hand, could jump for days. Then, we ran over to one of our fav cafe's for some late brunch and cupcakes!! Nap time followed, which then led to an afternoon of more presents and family time! Good bday guys! We had fun right along with you. Happy Birthday!

Then, Sunday, we went to church. And then the boys went down for their naps after lunch. Then...party time! The theme: Rock Star Party! I found the cutest decorations online which actually gave me the idea. The boys were all dressed up, as were some of the other guests. Daddy got us a BOUNCE HOUSE!!!! It was awesome...except that everyone loved it except for the bday boys. Jake thought it was cool for about 30 seconds at a time. Jonah is still wanting nothing to do with bouncing. We had 6 (that's right six) sets of twins at the party. Rogert sang some acoustic kiddy songs like ABC's, Wheels on the bus, and The Itsy Bitsy Spider. Aunt Lo was his back up singer. Other than bouncing, singing and dancing...there was yummy (and healthy) food! I think they had a good time. It was short but sweet. We decided to open presents after the guests were gone. So, the family watched as the boys opened one present...the first present...a Fire Truck from Aunt Lo. And yes, they received a multitude of other gifts...of which they had zero interest. The Fire Truck was the best present ever, apparently.

Well, I'm glad you had fun! And I'm glad that your friends came and had fun with you. I'm glad that you're 2 and you're getting so big!! I'm glad that you're healthy and talking to us more and more. I'm glad that your days consist of playing, having fun, eating, sleeping, maybe a little "firetruck tv" and more playing. I'm glad that you know what hugs and kisses are. I'm glad that you're starting to count and sing ABC's. I'm glad that you say "bless you" when someone sneezes and "thank you" even when you're not reminded. I'm glad that so many people love you. And I'm glad that God gave you to me. Happy Birthday my precious angels. I love you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much!

No comments: